Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage 2016/8/25 05:21
Good evening,

I am looking for information on how best to do a 3 day section of this trek. I'm finding it hard to find the following info and hope someone can advise me;

1. Do you have to book with an tour operator and book ahead and can you just turn up and do parts of this trek independently and make your own bookings.

I have read some information recommending the official Kumano Pilgrimage website (http://www.kumano-travel.com/index/en/action_Default_Index);

Is this the best method of booking ahead?

2. What section of the trek would you recommend for a 3/4 days itinerary? I have heard the Nakahechi is highly recommended.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Trevor
by trevstonbury  

Re: Questions about the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage 2016/8/25 11:36

1. Do you have to book with an tour operator and book ahead and can you just turn up and do parts of this trek independently and make your own bookings.

Advance reservation would be a better option.
By the way, a few months ago we had a good fortune travelling part of the Kumano with Kyoko as a guide. She is fluent in English, and one of the active members in the Mi-Kumano ( non profit organisation) in Tanabe.
You may contact her directly for any information regarding Kumano Kodo, her email: kyoko2924@yahoo.co.jp
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread