Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 09:50
Hi all..me and my friends will arrive at Kansai Airport and our first stop is USJ. Got few questions:
1) We plan to find a budget hotel near USj so that we can travel from the airport...to the hotel..leave our bag..then straight to USJ..any suggestion
2) as we will only have 1 day in Osaka before we travel to Tokyo the next morning...which interesting places convenient to us to go after USJ considering the time and journey

Thanks!
by HERDAWATI HASAN (guest)  

Re: budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 16:40
Hi.

When exactly are you arriving in Osaka? Morning? You mentioned We plan to find a budget hotel near USj so that we can travel from the airport...to the hotel..leave our bag..then straight to USJ. It seems you will only be leaving your luggages then tour around USJ. Go over the USJ website and you will see that there are lockers that you may your luggage in USJ https://www.usj.co.jp/e/parkguide/. I am not sure though if there is a luggage center within USJ aside from what their lockers as provided that you may leave your belongings in case those lockers are already full. Else, you may leave your belongings at Nishikujo Station caveat of lockers' availability.

Budget hotels around USJ - try searching for hotels near Nishikujo (station before USJ) via Hotels.com, Agoda or Rakuten. If none, those sites will point you to Namba (major terminus for Nankai and JR airport train service), Osaka, Shin-Imamiya and Tennoji (major terminus for Haruka Express which is another airport train service operated by JR) Stations.

It will take you 1 day to roam around USJ most likely due to waiting time if you and your friends do not intend to purchase the Express 5 or 7.

Going to Tokyo from USJ can be taken by bus if you are willing to take one. Search for Japan Bus Online or Willer Bus. If you are willing to do so, then plan where you would want to leave your luggages. Bus stations are either in USJ or Osaka Station.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 16:57
I forgot to mention that you may take a night trip to Tokyo from either USJ or Osaka via bus. Again, subject to availability for your travel period. It will save you money suppose for shinkansen ride and accommodation since you want to arrive to Tokyo by morning the next day.

Re: budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 17:14
I will arrive Osaka in the morning around 9am Japan time.
I thought its best to check in to the hotel nearby usj and then go to usj without having to keep our luggage at the station/locker..
if i do finish visiting usj till late evening/night..any suggestion where to go afterwards?

Thanks a lot for your reply/ answer...appreciate it..
by Herda Hasan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 23:04
Wait.

Have you searched about the direct bus from KIX to USJ? You may check here http://www.kate.co.jp/en/timetable/detail/NU.

USJ is closing by 21:00 no matter what. You can roam around the vicinity perhaps but the stores will close as well. You can also go to Dotonbori in Namba after USJ. Check Hyperdia of the destination. Or best is to sleep after that.

Ah! Is your itinerary like this Day 1 - KIX Arrival and USJ Tour, Day 2 - Osaka Tour, Day 3 - Bound to Tokyo? Then you better be looking for budget hotels near Namba or Osaka.

If you have extra money to spare, KIX has baggage delivery service going to your hotel. You may check here http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/baggage/index.html#_03_02 so you can go directly to USJ without worrying much of your baggage.

Should you prefer to personally leave your baggage at your accommodation of choice, put a note that you are leaving your baggage before check-in time when booking especially to the third-party hotel reservations websites like Agoda. Then again, make sure you are only paying and showing at the hotel's reception what you have booked. There are some hotels who will charge you for early check-in at higher percentage price. There are those as well who will be charging you for a fee if you leave your baggage before check-in and after check-out. There are even who have their own coin lockers where you can leave your baggage which is pretty much going back to square 1.

After all being said, kindly do your due diligence. I am not even sure how much budget you have when you say you would be staying in a budget hotel much more your travel budget.

Re: budget hotel near usj 2016/8/25 23:11
Itinerary would be something like arrive KIX-USJ- stayed overnight then travel to tokyo the next morning...just need budget hotel since will only sleep for few hours hahahaa...and later staying at a homestay in Tokyo
Oh Stritiking..thanks a lot for the info.. u have give me a better picture of what i have to deal with .. thanks 😍(feel free to suggest anything else..hahaha)
by Herda Hasan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread