Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/27 18:29
Hi I will be visiting Hakone/Fuji5 soon and I am planning to buy the Fuji Hakone Free Pass (Odawarra version) as I will be staying 1 night in Hakone and 2 nights in Fuji5.

My question is regarding transportation to Hakone Yumoto, can I buy the Fuji Hakone Free Pass (Odawarra version) at Shinjuku then use my IC card to travel from Shinjuku directly to Hakone Yumoto where I will be using my Free Pass onwards?
by steven90  

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/28 11:36
My question is regarding transportation to Hakone Yumoto, can I buy the Fuji Hakone Free Pass (Odawarra version) at Shinjuku then use my IC card to travel from Shinjuku directly to Hakone Yumoto where I will be using my Free Pass onwards?

Yes, although, you will be wasting a little bit of money (310 yen), as the section between Odawara and Hakone-Yumoto is already covered by the pass. To avoid wasting the 310 yen, get off at Odawara, exit the ticket gates with your IC card and then re-enter with your pass. Can you even by the "from Odawara" in Shinjuku?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/28 14:19
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah my intention was to go to Hakone-Yumoto directly by skipping the Odawarra transfer and I was wondering can I buy the Free Pass (Odarawarra version) at Shinjuku. Anybody knows?
by steven90 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/28 16:46
According to the Odakyu web site
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/center/

there are two places to buy the pass:
Odakyu Sightseeing Service Centers in Shinjuku, or Odawara.

It also states that Shinjuku version can only be purchased at the Shinjuku center. That sort of implies you can buy the Odawara version at both centers.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/28 17:00
You can buy the Odawara version at Shinjuku. But it doesn't really matter as you have to transfer at Odawara anyway to get to Hakone-Yumoto.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/28 17:40
you have to transfer at Odawara anyway to get to Hakone-Yumoto.

That is not always necessary.
There are trains which start from Shinjuku Station on the Odakyu Odawara Line then beyond Odawara continue onto the Hokone Tozan Railway line until Hakone-Yumoto Station.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/timetable/a01.html#link-01
All these direct trains are Limited Express "Romancecar" trains; all the seats require reservation, and you should pay 890 yen (per way) as a surcharge, even when you travel with a Fuji Hakone Pass or Hakone Freepass.

I am planning to buy the Fuji Hakone Free Pass (Odawara version) as I will be staying 1 night in Hakone and 2 nights in Fuji5.

Fuji Hakone Pass and Hakone Freepass are different.
You seem to be talking about Fuji Hakone Pass.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/fujihakone/

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto 2016/8/29 00:59
Yes I am talking about the Fuji Hakone Pass and thanks for all the warm replies. I will try to purchase the Odawarra version at Shinjuku and then take the Romancecar directly to Hakone Yumoto (extra 310 yen but save the hassle of transfer)
by steven90 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread