Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

After japanese school 2016/8/28 08:32
Hello everyone,

Here's my situation:
I'm in a Japanese's language schol for 1 year in October. My school was supposed to be 1 year 1/2 (I was thinking I had paid all the 1 year 1/2 fees but I just been told that I've to pay for the new 6 months) but I had in mind that I'll stop after my exams ending September for working my japanese and saving money for the future.
I'll soon apply to the senmon gakko for the entrance in April. I'll pass the N2 in December (maybe taking also the kanji kentei 6 and toefl-toeic)
I've a baito, who can support me during those next 6 months of not being student (as I'm not making everyweek 28 hours I want to find a support job. I think it will be hard to find a good paying part-time in a month except waitress)

So there're my questions:
Could a student visa of 2 years can be dissolve if you stop being student in a japanese school?
-Could you stay with the student visa if you're stopping the japanese's language school but are going to enter a senmon gakko or university?
-Can we switch a Student Visa to a WorkingHoliday Visa and going back to a Student Visa with the new school?
-Is the fact of working will be helpfull or not?

I'll be talking to the school's administration but I wanted to have some other minds about that topic.

Thanks for reading and maybe the help
by Lydioune  

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 11:44
Yes.
Yes, unless it is revoked.
No.
No.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 13:45
- Yes. Both the school and you are required to report to immigration when you finish your course, so immigration "may" decide to dissolve it.
- Yes, unless the above happens. But there will be a six-month "gap" in your school attendance, correct?
- No. At most you can switch from your Student status to Temporary Visitor status (which does not allow you to work at all), and then back to Student once you are accepted by the senmon gakko.
- No.

I would first check with your current school about the tuition payment - very important. And it would be far easier if you could just continue on your Student status.

Also, when you say you intend to work and save, note that if you manage to stay on Student status you can work only up to 28 hours a week, and if switch to Temporary Visitor you will not be allowed to work at all.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 14:57
In fact, the fact that you are working could very well be a disservice. If I were immigration and knew about someone who's on Student status while not enrolled in a school but keeps working, I'd be more inclined to revoke their status than if they were not working.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 17:15
Thanks for the responses.
I'm thinking about enrolling in other japanese's school or taking again japanese's lessons... not as much as before, maybe in the night or on the weekend
by Lydioune rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 20:33
"in the night or on the weekend".
those are not qualified for student visa.
when you leave the school, the school will inform your leave to immigration.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 20:42
To keep your "Student" resident status, you need to be enrolled in and studying a full-time course at an accredited school.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/28 22:03
Basically, you are expected to change visa within 3 months of leaving the school.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: After japanese school 2016/8/29 12:29
Thanks again, so I'll follow my school for at least 3 months.
by Lydioune rate this post as useful

reply to this thread