Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo plan do-able? 2016/8/29 10:40
Hi everyone
I will be staying in Shibuya with some friends in an apartment. I wanted to make sure our Friday plans were possible. I was worried it might be too much in one day
Shibuya Crossing
Shibuya 109 - around 10am
Shinjuku
Shinjuku Gyoen
Tokyo Metro Govt Building Observation Deck
Roppongi - evening
Mori Art Museum
Tokyo City View Observation deck

Thanks for your help with this
by Liz (guest)  

Re: Tokyo plan do-able? 2016/8/29 19:25
It's possible but I wouldn't do it. I would stick to Shibuya and Shinjuku. Be aware that 10am is the earliest time for shops and many won't open until 11am.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo plan do-able? 2016/8/29 20:14
It's certainly doable in one day, although there will be quite a bit of walking involved. As Sal1980 said, most shops in Shibuya don't open until 11am, so if you're finished with Shibuya 109 at 10:20 or so you can wander around the Shibuya streets afterwards, but lots of places won't be open yet.

Shinjuku Gyoen and the Tokyo Metropolitan Building are at opposite ends of Shinjuku, so you can take a meandering walk between one and the other and see some of the rest of Shinjuku, such as Isetan Department Store, Southern Plaza and so on.

Roppongi is basically two giant shopping-office complexes (including the one where the Mori Art Museum is), and lots of sleazy clubs and bars, plus a few hundred restaurants in between. The Mori is worth a visit, and there are a couple other art museums in the other shopping complex (Tokyo Midtown).

It sounds like a reasonable itinerary to me....
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo plan do-able? 2016/9/7 05:02
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your input. What if I switched around what I was doing to start my day earlier?

Shinjuku:
Shinjuku Gyoen
Isetan Department Store
Tokyo Metro Govt Building Observation Deck

Roppongi :
Mori Art Museum
Tokyo City View Observation deck

Shibuya:
Shibuya Crossing
Shibuya 109 - around 10am

Which city is best for getting lunch or dinner? Not big on clubs or bars, FYI.

Thanks.
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo plan do-able? 2016/9/7 07:07
It's not just the shops in Shibuya that open late. Isetan doesn't open til 10:30. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html#/tocho You'll need to visit Shinjuku Gyoen first (opens 9am), then the government office (opens 9:30am), then Isetan after 10:30am. Head to Shibuya after that and save Roppongi for the evening because the view from the Mori building is more impressive at night in my opinion. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3031_hills.html
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread