Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gujo-Hachiman - getting around after dark 2016/8/30 10:55
We are staying in Takayama in September but wanted to visit Gujo-Hachiman. We have worked out how the Nohi bus works. But because we also want to see Hida Village, wouldn't arrive in the village until 3 PM or so. If we wanted to, is it possible to stay after dark? How late do businesses/attractions stay open? And is getting back to the bus stop well lit enough?

Thanks for any advice!
by CJ (guest)  

Re: Gujo-Hachiman - getting around after dark 2016/8/30 21:37
At first, please make your that Hida Folk Village is located in Takayama city.
Opening hours of Hida Folk Village is 8:30 thru 17:00.
Departure time of the last bus from Hida Folk Village for Takayama station is 16:29.
The last bus for Nagoya via Gujyo-Hachiman leaves at 19:00 at Takayama station, which arrives at Gujyo-Hachiman at 20:19.
If you take the bus leaving at 16:29 from Hida Folk Village, you have enough time to catch the bus bound for Gujyo-Hachiman.
However your staying time at Folk Village may be not enough in this case.
So I suggest you stay in Folk Village untill 17:00 and walk to Takayama station.
I'm sure that you will be in time for the bus bound for Gujyo-Hachiman even though.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Gujo-Hachiman - getting around after dark 2016/8/31 00:30
Sorry, I think I was unclear. We plan to see Hida Village first thing in the morning (9AM), and then go to Gujo-Hachiman on the 12pm Nouhi bus. We will explore the town, eat dinner, then catch the Nouhi bus back to Takayama (where our hotel is). We currently made a reservation for the 19:26 PM bus.

My question is, is this too late? It will it be difficult to find our way around Gujo-Hachimann and back to the bus station after dark? How late do restaurants/food shops stay open in Gujo-Hachiman?
by CJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gujo-Hachiman - getting around after dark 2016/8/31 21:10
So finally your inquiry is whether restaurants and shops in Gujyo-Hachiman are opening at around 7:00 pm or not.
I checked websites of restaurants and shops in Gujyo-Hachiman and found out almost all restaurants are still opening at that time.
I don't forsee any problems to walk from the town to the Gujyo-Hachiman Inter bus stop which is located about 2km if you don't carry heavy luggages.
If you are nervous to the darkness, you may leave there before dark since the town is not so vast. You can only change your reservation.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Gujo-Hachiman - getting around after dark 2016/9/1 00:52
That should work well then. We are not so nervous about the dark, we just need to make sure there is enough light to find our way back to the bus. It sounds like we will be fine.

Thank you so much for your help!
by CJ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread