Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 12:34
Hi,

This is my second trip to Japan and I'm looking for some itinerary suggestions. I'll be arriving in Tokyo and leaving from Osaka about 3 weeks later (in early December). Some of the places I want to see are Kanazawa, the Kiso Valley, Kobe and Nara. (I've already visited Kyoto, Takayama, Himeji, Kurashiki, Hiroshima and Miyajima.)

Could you suggest an area that I could visit for 5-6 days other than the places I've mentioned so far? I'll be travelling using a JR pass. Interested in sightseeing, nature, architecture, food, crafts. I've already got an Onsen visit planned.
by Ed (guest)  

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 14:23
In 5-6 days you can go basically anywhere, so just consult this website or others and make your pick.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 15:08
I would explore the mountainous regions of Toyama, the seaside region of Noto Peninsular. They are near Kanazawa are give some fantastic views. Also being near the sea means some of the best sashimi, and near the mountains means good sake and Soba.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 16:01
Thanks for your advice. I have spent hours on this site - the problem is there are just so many places that appeal to me. I was hoping for suggestions about what others have found particularly worthwhile or interesting, and practical to get to as well, given the timeframe.
by Ed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 16:32
Thanks for your advice. I have spent hours on this site - the problem is there are just so many places that appeal to me. I was hoping for suggestions about what others have found particularly worthwhile or interesting, and practical to get to as well, given the timeframe.

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 17:13
Why not explore Hokkaido, 5 days should be enough to explore the whole island.
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 17:38
What would the weather be like in early December do you know?

Re: Itinerary suggestions please 2016/9/2 17:49
it's cold and but won't be as cold as in January and February. expect snowfall too.
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread