Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Temple entrance fee and in/out privileges 2016/9/3 06:26
Early October, we will be visiting Kyoto. We heard that one of the best restaurant to taste traditional Japanese Buddhist cuisines is 'Shigetsu' (inside the grounds of Tenryu-ji Temple).

My question is: once we have purchased our entrance fee to the Temple, do we have in and out privileges for the day? In other words, would we be allowed to visit the Temple in the morning and return early afternoon for our lunch without paying the entry fee twice?
by japah2016  

Re: Temple entrance fee and in/out privileges 2016/9/3 12:11
Most places I hav e visited in Japan do not let you re-enter once you have left the grounds.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Temple entrance fee and in/out privileges 2016/9/3 16:37
The restaurant area seems to be big (seats about 250), but they are open only from 11 till 2 for lunch. Considering that you might just go about 10, 10:30 and might just stay to have lunch? The place seems to be very popular. And no, once you leave, you'd have to pay again (is what I know from most places in Japan).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread