Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

December 2D1N trip from Tokyo/Yokohama? 2016/9/5 11:48
Hi all,
I live in Yokohama and my family is coming over for Christmas, so I was thinking of taking them on a surprise 2 day - 1 night trip, some place that is within 5000Y pp/way transportation wise and has a nice ambiance (maybe a village, onsen town...). However, we all really don't like the snow which kind of limits my choices - had they come any other season I would have taken them to Nagano prefecture.
Kamakura is too close to stay overnight and I thought about Atami but I feel the town is too full of bubble jidai buildings and wouldn't make a good impression.
Does anyone have any suggestion? No problem going towards Chiba/Tochigi/Ibaraki areas either, not necessarily just Kanagawa/Shizuoka. Possibly not involving renting a car either.
Thank you in advance!
by krr (guest)  

Re: December 2D1N trip from Tokyo/Yokohama? 2016/9/5 15:59
Erm, more about your family? Where are they from? Would do they like? How many of them? Fitness level? etc.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: December 2D1N trip from Tokyo/Yokohama? 2016/9/5 16:59
Thank you.
Is our country important? We do not have any religious or cultural restriction if this is what you are asking.
I was hoping for some place that is nice and relaxing and not snowy. My parents are not young so hiking etc would not be a good choice but long walks in a town would be totally okay. They like beautiful things (nature or art) and folklore. Last time they came, they really loved Kamakura, but also Minatomirai and Daikanyama; they can appreciate diverse things.
I was thinking of Shimoda which seems really nice, but I would be really happy for other suggestions.
Thank you!
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread