Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

do I need jr pass with this itinerary? 2016/9/6 01:08
1. Toyoko-4 nights (jr pass helpful in city?)
2 hakone- 1 night (romance car) jr work for limited train?
3. Kyoto -4 nights , day trip to Nara. And here's the problem: possible day trip to Hiroshima .
4. 2 nights takayma
5 2 nights in Kanazawa.
6. Take bullet trains to narita for 5:00 pm flight

Should I buy a 7 day and activategoing to kyoto. Is it a horrible waste if we don't go to Hiroshima?

Thanks so much for any expert advice
by Karenlou2016 (guest)  

Re: do I need jr pass with this itinerary? 2016/9/6 11:26
Narita Airport is not accessed by shinkansen. You can take a bullet train from Kanazawa to Tokyo, and then the N'EX to Narita Airport.

You can work out if you need a pass yourself: look up the fares on Hyperdia, add them up yourself, and compare the total cost to the cost of a pass.

Or, use this calculator: http://www.aoimirai.net/japan/jrpass_calculator.html
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: do I need jr pass with this itinerary? 2016/9/6 15:54
A seven day pass wont work cause you have nine days away from Tokyo.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: do I need jr pass with this itinerary? 2016/9/6 16:45
Should I buy a 7 day and activategoing to kyoto. Is it a horrible waste if we don't go to Hiroshima?

After a cursory look, it seems like a 14 day pass may be the better option as it would cover your entire trip. The itinerary as it stands seems to pay off so a Hiroshima side trip would end up being free. However it's not bad to skip Hiroshima if you don't feel like going.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread