Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transiting in Nara 2016/9/6 15:19
Hello there, I plan to travel from Osaka to Kyoto but with a pit stop in Nara for the first half of the day before continuing to Kyoto, where I will spend the night.

I understand that there are trains connecting Osaka-Nara, Nara-Kyoto, Osaka-Kyoto. I am just wondering if there is a direct train Osaka-Nara-Kyoto, whereby I just purchase one ticket (with Kyoto as destination) that will allow me to get off in Nara and then later get back on the same line to Kyoto? Or must I purchase separate tickets for Osaka-Nara and then Nara-Kyoto?

I hope my first question is clear to comprehend. Another question I have is if there are lockers in Nara Station that will fit big luggages? Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer my questions.
by sarah16 (guest)  

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/6 19:22
You must buy separate tickets (or use an IC card), as a ticket from Osaka to Kyoto via Nara will not allow stopovers.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/6 20:07
There are many coin lockers located in JR Nara station as below:

http://locker1.exblog.jp/25215957/
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/6 22:41
Thank you both for the help, much appreciated!
by sarah16 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/7 03:01
One pass you may want to consider is Kintetsu Rail Pass. It is for use on Kintetsu lines (not JR) only, so travel time between Kyoto and Osaka is longer, but it allows for unlimited use within designated area (Osaka-Nara-Kyoto). It includes bus uses in Nara, too. Two day pass costs 2000 Yen, one day costs 1500 Yen.

http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/ticket/krp_1day2day.html
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/7 08:01
By the way, if you will do some train travel before Osaka or after Kyoto, you may be able to include it on your ticket so that stopovers will be allowed.

Stopovers on an Osaka-Nara-Kyoto tickets are not allowed because the trip is too short (under 100 kilometers) and also it is within the Osaka special fare zone. If you add more trips, you may be able to avoid that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Transiting in Nara 2016/9/8 16:35
Noted with many thanks Mei and Firas!
by sarah16 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread