Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Non Seafood Eaters 2016/9/6 17:58
Hi all
My wife and I are going to Japan in March 2017
We are both non seafood eaters and i am not a soup or vegetable eater ether, I am just wandering if i am going to have a hard time finding meals that we like.
We like Chicken curry, pizza, steak, pasta,
Will most eating establishments have some of what i have put on the list above.
Thanks Yarney
by yarney  

Re: Non Seafood Eaters 2016/9/6 19:37
When you say you are not seafood eaters, do you want to avoid fish-based soup stock ("dashi," used in cooking as part of flavors) too, or are you OK just avoiding "obvious fish" dishes, like grilled fish, fried fish, fresh fish fillets, sushi, etc.?

If you want to just avoid "obvious fish" dishes, stick to the dishes you've mentioned, and don' mind the "dashi" fish-based soup stock used in flavoring, then it will be easy, you can eat at family restaurants, "beef bowl" (cooked beef on a bowl of rice) chains, pizza/pasta restaurants, steakhouses, curry restaurants (with different curry varieties).

But if you want to also avoid the fish-based soup stock, that might prove to be difficult, as it is used a lot if Japanese cooking.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Non Seafood Eaters 2016/9/6 21:12
Yes i we want to avoid fish stock also, that makes it real hard i know
by yarney rate this post as useful

Re: Non Seafood Eaters 2016/9/6 22:11
You will have so much to choose from!!

Not a problem given your list.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Non Seafood Eaters 2016/9/6 23:13
Dont worry they also sell western food in Japan like pizza, steak, pasta, hamburger etc. Japanese curry rice often contains carrot and potatoes. There are also Mcdonalds and the likes in Japan if you are very cautious.
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread