Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommended Kobe beef restaurant in Kobe 2016/9/7 06:33
Any good recommendation on where to go try kobe beef in Kobe?

I'll be traveling from Osaka to Rabbit Island and then up to Matsue. So figured while going to Matsue, since I have to travel back midway to Osaka, I can stop by Kobe and try some food.
by amyling  

Re: Recommended Kobe beef restaurant in Kobe 2016/9/7 13:16
Here are some steak restaurants in Kobe in various price ranges: http://bento.com/kansai/kc-regional.html#kobebeef

I've found that some of the cheaper steak places in Kobe still offer very good beef, well prepared, but served alongside quite ordinary side dishes (e.g. iceberg lettuce with bottled dressing and the like).
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended Kobe beef restaurant in Kobe 2016/9/8 13:31
Thank you Umami Dearest!
by amyling rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended Kobe beef restaurant in Kobe 2016/9/11 15:25
Well, let's see...
Many small restaurants don't have names posted like in the States; instead you look at the plastic food models with prices, posters in the windows showing their specialties with prices, and on Sankita, the "main drag" for dining, drinking, and karaoke, entire menus are posted. Close your eyes, spin around, and pick one. If its steak it will range from very good to I just died and went to Wagyu beef heaven. Don't be put off by the crappy side dishes. Unless you're dining kaiseki, the sides are right out of the pantry. Iceberg lettuce seems to be a desirable vegetable in Japan and bottles dressing is a specialty. Bon appetit!
by johnnyman rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended Kobe beef restaurant in Kobe 2016/9/14 14:44
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread