Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Flight and Train 2016/9/9 17:55
Hi

My husband and I planning to be in Japan this end Oct. Would like to find out which is the easier way in terms of flight and train to get to Osaka and this is my first trip. Which train pass to buy - JR Pass or Hokuriku Arch Pass. Below is my draft itinerary:

26-28 Oct - In Tokyo

28 Oct - From Tokyo to Osaka
By train - how long is the journey as I will be carrying my luggage and do I have to change train?
By flight would it be easier? Just purchase the airport limo ticket and straight to the hotel located at Nankai Namba

28 Oct - 01 Nov - In Osaka
To visit Universal Studio, Osaka Castle, etc and in between one of the day, may want to go to Kyoto

02 Nov - From Osaka back to Tokyo
I have a flight to catch in Narita airport at 3pm, and what time do I have to be at the train station in Osaka and in time to connect the flight or best to stay in Tokyo for a nite and return the next day?

Will the pass allowed me to travel the above route?

If it doesn't, would you recommend which train pass to buy?

Thank you!

Regards
by Forest (guest)  

Re: Flight and Train 2016/9/9 19:15
Hi,

there are direct trains between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka. Shin-Osaka is one of the many stations in Osaka. The trip from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka lasts between 2.5 and 3 hours depending on the train.

You have enough time for catching a train and have your flight at 3 PM, no worries.

You can look at train timetable on the website below:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

If you plan to use a JR Pass, untick the "Hayabusa/Nozomi/Mizuho" trains.

Have a great trip !
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight and Train 2016/9/9 19:16
And I would recommand to buy a 7-day JR Pass, it will come cheaper than buying train tickets.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread