Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/10 06:32
We will be in Japan from October 1 -15, during the baseball postseason.

We reeeeeaaally would like to see a game in Tokyo or Hiroshima depending on the schedule.

Does anyone know when tickets are released to the general public and how someone who speaks no Japanese might go about buying them? I have found resources for regular season games, but cannot find any information on the postseason.

Thanks! Missing the first half of the MLB postseason so really want to see a game in Japan...
by lsalvas  

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/11 08:23
NPB postbaseball season(called "Climax series") final stage will be played between 12 Oct - 17 Oct in Hiroshima Mazda Stadium.
Hiroshima Toyo Carp already has one league champion advantage(due to the Central league champion).
The final stage team must win 4 games out of 6 games in Hiroshima, so games between 15 Oct - 17 Oct are still unsure while Hiroshima get win 3 games between 12 Oct - 14 Oct.
I would expect that it will hardly get day tickets(buy at ticket shop in the stadium on the game day) in Hiroshima. Hiroshima poised to clinch the Central league pennant for the first time in 25 years, all the fans in Hiroshima will go there.

The standings for the 2nd and 3rd teams are not yet to be confirmed. May be Tokyo Yomiuri Giants get 2nd place and Yokohama DeNA Baystars, or Tokyo Yakult Swallows get 3rd place. If Ginats get place in 2nd, it will be played in Tokyo Dome between 8 Oct - 10 Oct as the Climax series first stage(2nd team vs 3rd team).
I would expect those day tickets are also comepetitive. The day tickets are not on sale while pre-booked tickets are all sold out.
The pre-booked tickets are on sale around 1 Oct.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/11 15:58
I went to games in Yokohama, Tokyo Dome and Hiroshima this past March. Mazda Stadium in Hiroshima is a great place to see a game. I have been to 23 MLB stadiums and Mazda easily falls into the top 5 if it was a MLB stadium.

I am sure tickets will be hard to get in all 3 stadiums as they have many fans, if the Giants and Baystars qualify. The Giants have an English website where you can buy tickets from.

If you go to a game in Yokohama or Hiroshima buy some balloons and release them in the middle of the 7th inning.
by Russell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/16 23:58
Thank you! This information has all been incredibly useful! I truly appreciate it.

It seems I will not be in Tokyo for the Tokyo games, but will be in Hiroshima on the 12th and 13th for the Climax series. I understand it will be very hard to buy tickets, but I have found the following:

gTickets to the final series will be made available at the same time, 11am on September 23, at 7-11, Lawson and ticket outlets Eplus and Ticketopia all over the country."

I take this to mean tickets do not go up for sale online, and are only available at retail outlets?

If so, obviously I will not be in the country. Are there any credible websites through which people sell unwanted tickets? Or are there scalpers selling tickets outside the stadiums?

Thanks!

(Tokyo Friend 48 - your detailed info was wonderful - thank you!)
(Russell - I have only seen MLB games at SkyDome, Wrigley and old Yankee Stadium, so I'm sure Mazda FAR exceeds any place I've been to!)
by lsalvas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/17 05:23
Those ticket sales on 23 Sep are a first come first served basis. You will need JP phone numbers when you buy. So if you don't have any friends who help you to buy, it will be low chance to buy tickets online.

Hiroshima tickets are only sold online and combini ticket machines.

There are as so called "Ticket shops"(legal shop) where you can buy cheaper or premier price than it original ticket price. It depends on the demand but I think those tickets will be an extremely high price traded at those ticket shops.
The original ticket price is between 1,700 - 6,000 Yen per seat, ticket shop price will be over 10,000 Yen per seat I suppose.
There are a few ticket shops around JR Hiroshima sta.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/17 05:29
Thanks very much! Seems like it will be hard to buy the tickets from outside of Japan. I am sure we will be out of luck, but at least it will be an exciting time to be in Hiroshima. We may have to settle for finding a bar that is playing a game on TV! But this is all extremely helpful.

by lsalvas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Baseball Post Season Tickets? 2016/9/27 23:46
I'm also looking for tickets, but for the Nippon series. I found ticket for the Climax series at: http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Tickets/Baseball/Nippon-Professional-Bas...

But is the Nippon series still on schedule to start Oct 22? I will be in Japan from Oct 9th - 25th, but won't make it to a Climax game. It looks like the last Central game is played on Oct 17th, so we won't know til then who is going to the Nippon series. Any ideas on when those tickets will go on sale, and how best to purchase them? I will be with a Japanese speaking guide at the time, so I'll have at least some language help.

Thanks!
by best_wife_ever (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread