Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/12 16:18
Hi all, I'm going Tokyo on 25Sept and wondering if I can purchase the new Iphone7 in Apple stores? And possible to get a tax refund?
by Henry (guest)  

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/12 22:33
Yes.
The tax refund is available at Shibuya and Ginza stores in English. Not sure at Shibuya Omotesando store but I think it's also available.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/13 09:29
You can theoretically buy the new iphone in apple stores from the 16th. However, it will be highly subject to availability and if it follows previous launches they won't be in stock for the first few months. Btw, if you bring your passport with a visitor stamp in it you won't be charged sales tax. It's not a refund per se, just no sales tax added.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/13 09:31
Just checked availability online, and it seems that there's a 2-3 week waiting list already for new iphones. If you get your reservation in now it might be available for pickup when you are here.

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/19 00:45
Do you think end of November would be the good time to buy? I mean no more waiting list.
by jonidontcry rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/19 00:51
Can i walk-in to buy at apple store on end of this september ?
by nester (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/19 10:14
Do you think end of November would be the good time to buy? I mean no more waiting list.

Depends on the model. In previous launches the waiting list lasted for quite a while, but the waits would get shorter. Easiest way to keep an eye on it is to check the apple website as they list the wait times.

Can i walk-in to buy at apple store on end of this september ?

Most likely not. Depending on the model (color/storage) the current waits are 1-5 weeks for an iphone, up to 2 months for an iphone 7+.

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/24 13:31
How can we make a reservation?
by Dararath (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/24 15:46
apple japan website

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/25 20:06
Is it possible to walk in to buy iphone 7 in apple store ?
128 gb Any color
by Nester (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/25 22:14
No, probably not. Most colors for the 128gb have a 2-5 week wait, while the space gray is 1-2 weeks. And as the post right above your says, there are real-time wait estimates for each model listed on the apple japan website. Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/jp/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7/4.7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3...

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/9/26 02:10
Thank yllwsmrf.

I've plan to visit tokyo on Oct1'16
Where can i buy iphone 7 128GB Simfree (any color) ?
Pls.let me know.
by nester (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/10/25 18:46
are these iphone 7 usable with international (not Japanese) sim cards? in other words, unlocked?
by Lorenz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an iPhone 7 in Tokyo 2016/10/26 08:31
Where can i buy iphone 7 128GB Simfree (any color) ?

The Apple Store

are these iphone 7 usable with international (not Japanese) sim cards? in other words, unlocked?

Yes, but YMMV depending on where you intend to use it.

reply to this thread