Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 Days Hakone Free Pass 2016/9/16 02:56
Hi,

I will be arriving Narita Airport around 1:oopm on 11/14 and would like to go to Hakone directly from the airport and return from Hakone to Tokyo on 11/18/16. Does the 3 days Hakone Free Pass cover the round trip from Tokyo's Shinjuku to Hakone - Yumoto station (depart on 11/14 return on 11/18)?

Thanks
by onnie (guest)  

Re: 3 Days Hakone Free Pass 2016/9/16 10:16

(depart on 11/14 return on 11/18)?

Outside 3 day validity period:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Hakone Free Pass 2016/9/16 12:22
Arriving Narita around 1:00pm and going straight to Hakone is doable, but you might miss the dinner time at ryokan (if that is where you are staying). You may want to stay the first night in Shinjuku, and take the train in the morning instead.

You can buy the Hakone Free Pass to include travels from/to Shinjuku, but you have to pay extra for Odakyu Romansukaa (romance car), which is the express line between Shinjuku and Hakone-Yumoto.

Your itinerary covers more than 3 days, so the 3-day pass expires in the middle of your trip.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Hakone Free Pass 2016/9/22 02:31
Thanks Mei for your advice... it will be greatly appreciate if you can help with the following two more questions:

1. can I use the round trip ticket Odakyu Express (romance car) with departure from Shinjuku 11/15/16 and return from Hakone-Yumoto on 11/18/16? I will use the 3 days pass from 11/15 to 11/17

2. If I stay first night in Shinjuku, what hotel will recommended (prefer need the train station so I am able to obtain more information and buy ticket there)

Thanks
by Connie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Hakone Free Pass 2016/9/22 04:37
(1) Yes, you can do as described. You should buy the Hakone pass to be effective between Odawara and Hakone (not including RT between Shinjuku and Odawara) and separately buy the RT ticket between Shinjuku and Odawara. If you do that, then you have another option to go to Odawara by bullet train (JR line) from Tokyo Station. I brought that up because the trip to Tokyo Station from Narita is simpler and cheaper than going to Shinjuku. But Shinjuku is more fun.

(2) There are too many hotels near Shinjuku station (or Tokyo Station). What are your budget and requirements?

by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread