Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/17 19:51
Hi, just a thought i have since i'm coming to Japan on the 23rd of September

Can we bring Pablo cheesecake home? I don't mean the gift one which are individually wrapped, but the actual cheesecake.

Is there any customs law that may prevail in relation of bringing pastry home?
by gsl (guest)  

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/18 10:14
Where is your home? It depends on your home country's custom rules!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/18 12:05
You really need to check you home countries custom laws for 100% correct information. Most countries though can have huge issues with dairy goods crossing borders. But normally factory air sealed processed goods are fine for most countries.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/18 12:19
But you are talking about fresh cheesecake, don't you have to keep it refrigerated??
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/18 14:01
Oops, i forgot to mention more details. I'm planning to bring it home to Indonesia.

I'm curious if any one of you have ever had the experience of bring the whole cheesecake home (not the prepackaged ones). Do the shops provide like a dry ice/cold packs to make sure it stays frosty?

I'm flying with SQ, and until now, have yet to find anything that might be against this.

Any comments would be welcome, thanks!
by gsl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/18 14:18
Their fresh-baked cheese tart is good to eat for 3 days including the day of sales, and it needs to be refrigerated under 10 degrees C. The time you can take around after purchase it is 6 hours (and they do not put cold packs because it is freshly baked), according to their website. So including all travel times, you can take it from their Shinjuku store, for example, to somewhere in Osaka, but that's about it.
http://www.pablo3.com/menu/detail/?seq=2

They have an online shop where they sell a different type, the cheese tart top is grilled like creme brulee, and this one is sent out frozen, transported frozen, and you need to put it in your refrigerator over 12 hours to defrost it:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/doroquia/24030298/
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/21 15:44
I have bring a pablo cheesecake on flight during my Jan trip in Japan. I took SQ too, I didnt met any problem with my country custom. However the cheesecake is cold when it got home. i didnt get to try it but i guess it wont be as nice.
by lostone (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/9/30 02:52
Hi,
I have never brought cheesecake back to my home country NZ, but have taken numerous cakes, like Chocolate Log for Xmas, Donuts, individual christmas decorated mousse, and I buy a aluminium freezer style sealable bag, pack the product with various icepacks and carry as hand luggage. Japan customs have always been very helpful, ( some other countries not so, and use the liquids, gels thing to confiscate )! and I put them in the overhead locker. The ten hour flight home is probably about max for the icepacks but the bag if sealed well doesnt leak. Our country allows it in if it is commercially made.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/10/1 14:15
Hi, If you cant bring to Indonesia so please don't be worry, You may just need to be wait until December 2016 since Pablo will open their store in SOHO Mall Jakarta ;)

Anyway SQ need to be transit for couple hours in Singapore so I suggest you not to bring Pablo Cheese cake except you want to make them frozen all night but still not sure about the quality since I haven't try it yet ;)

Happy eating...
by ShantyLie rate this post as useful

Re: Can we bring Pablo Cheesecake home? 2016/10/28 16:17
i hand-carried a medium Pablo cheesecake back home to Singapore but it did not survive the journey well:( The cheesecake filling sank into the middle of the crust and the crust didnt taste that great anymore. Has anyone tried bringing home a raw one? i wonder if that would be better!
by bellamy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread