Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/17 22:57
Hi

I'm currently travelling in Japan and have just been to Tokyo and am heading back there in a week or so.

I was really keen to find some new gadgets or gizmos to take back home as cool presents etc but really struggled to find any shops that sold that one of stuff (I had thought Tokyo was renowned for it though). I went to Akihabara twice and found it very difficult to navigate. I wondered if anyone was aware of specific shops that got the bill? In Akihabara or elsewhere in Tokyo (even in Kyoto if there are any there too)

Thanks

Dan
by Dan (guest)  

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/18 10:36
What kind of "gadgets and gizmos" exactly are you looking for? Tokyo's got everything you need, but you've got to look in the right place, too.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/18 19:10
Hi

Thanks for responding. I guess i'm looking for cool tech items that I can take home as gifts really. Thinks like the Clockman talking alarm, or other innovative items that are interesting or funny really.

Let me know if you know of any specific shops?
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/18 22:43
Most major electronics stores carry that kind of stuff, but it can be kinda hard to find among all the everyday items. I'd check out stores such as Tokyu Hands, Loft, Its Demo and Donki as they tend to carry a large selection of these types of items together.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/20 15:17
Thanks! Where abouts are they? Akihabara or other areas?

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/20 16:22
Thanks! Where abouts are they? Akihabara or other areas?

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/21 15:08
There are several outlets located around every major part of Tokyo inc Akihabara, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro, etc. Where are you located?

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/23 23:26
Ginza

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/24 16:06
No problem then. Several of the stores mentioned are just a few minutes walk and/or train ride away.

Re: Shopping for gadgets and gizmos in Tokyo 2016/9/28 10:50
Donki is the place if you want little nick-nack items. There are locations all over Tokyo.

http://www.donki.com/en/
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread