Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone driving from Osaka to Tokyo in Oct.? 2016/9/19 07:06
Hi,

It'll be my first time to travel to Japan. I'm staying in Osaka for maybe 8-9 days and plan to spend few days (maybe 5) in Tokyo. As I'm on a tight budget, what will be the best itinerary (places to visit, things to do, etc.), also cheap transpo from Osaka to Tokyo? Would be good to know also if there's some good people here who have plans to drive to Tokyo first week of Oct. How common is it to hitch hike in Japan? Cheers!
by hOfeEe (guest)  

Re: Anyone driving from Osaka to Tokyo in Oct.? 2016/9/19 11:18
If you have a tight budget, overnight bus would be a common option for Osaka - Tokyo.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone driving from Osaka to Tokyo in Oct.? 2016/9/19 13:34
People usually do not drive from city to city. Driving is to enter the country side or even more rural areas like the mountains.
In Japan, the main mode of transport is the train.
The cheaper option to that is the bus. Overnight buses are best as they save on a night's accommodation.

Are you flying out of Tokyo or out of Osaka?
This makes a difference.

Why do you plan to spend 5 days in Tokyo? If you already have something you want to do to spend 5 days there, you need to inform so others can better help you.

Japan has tons to do. BUT what do YOU like to do?
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread