Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Koya Overnight 2016/9/20 11:38
I want to spend the night in one of the Mount Koya Temples, would arriving at 3pm give me enough time to walk around the area before/after dinner? (I'm a quick walker)
by Yona-hime (guest)  

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2016/9/20 14:45
Depends what you want to see. The immediate area around your lodging temple, sure. The cemetery? Probably not. Oku-no-in is huge, and you may have to take the bus to get there depending on where your lodging temple is.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2016/9/20 15:58
You'll have time to walk around in the morning also.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2016/9/20 17:56
I would think 3pm is plenty of time. The cemetery is big but not that big.
If you stay central:
Takes about half an hour to walk. An hour to get there and back, faster if you take the bus.

Also taking a walk in the middle of the night or early morning is part of the experience.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2016/9/21 02:42
Thanks everyone, I think it'll work out
by Yona hime rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2017/2/6 02:32
would love to know where you stayed? or staying that is most central? the only onsen is booked during our time there -- any one recommend another good lodging that has clean/decent baths?
thank you!
by Eleonore (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Koya Overnight 2017/2/13 09:24
I intend to visit Mount Koya from Nara. Leaving between 8:00-9:00 in the morning and stay overnight at the temple. What is your proposal regarding the itinerary. Do I have to book the temple stay in advance? How to go about it?
by Sing Wai Setho (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread