Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Itinerary 2016/9/20 23:29
Hi!
I'm planning to go to Kyoto from 25 - 28 Dec. On 25 Dec we'll be leaving from Tokyo & we'll going back to Tokyo on 28 Dec. I only have 1 full day in Kyoto since we'll going to Osaka on 26 Dec.
Places we want to visit are Kiyomizudera, Higashiyama district, Gion, Arashimaya (bamboo groves & Tenryuji temple), Sagano scenic railway, Nishiki market, Imperial Palace, Fushimi Inari.
Would anyone please help me with my itinerary.
Thank you verymuch.

by Irene Paulina (guest)  

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2016/9/21 11:07
You're trying to see way too much in one day. If you want to see all of those places, you need at least two days; more if you want to see them properly! Kyoto is a big city and the sights are very spread out.

Take a look at the Kyoto Day itineraries on this website (under "Travel Planning") to get an idea of what's possible in day. And look at a map of Kyoto!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2016/9/21 13:25
I'm going to essentially the same places in Kyoto next month. I have been to most of them before and "know the ropes" of Kyoto's creaking bus system and pretty good subways, (where they exist.) Even so, I am allowing two full days to Kyoto including walking from Kiyomizudera to Gion and a new adventure on Karasuma subway and City buses to Kinkakuji, Ryoanji, and a walk to the Sagano Sen-in Tramway for Arishiyama. Putting the finishing touches on my plans I 1. removed Sanjusangendo Temple which I have memorized and 2. moved Fushimi Inari to my "clean-up" day, along with the attractions of Kita Umeda (Osaka) and my sake brewery tour. You have a good choice of representative sites to see and you will need three long days to do them justice.
by johnnyman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2016/9/21 14:35
That is 3 days worth of sightseeing.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread