Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Norikura on late autumn 2016/9/21 01:14
Hi,
I'm planning to go to Kamikochi, Shin-Hotaka Ropeway and Mt. Norikura. But I've time only 2 days so I'll go to Shin-Hotaka and Mt. Norikura on the same day.
I have questions:

1. I'll go to Mt. Norikura on the last day open of this year (31/10/16). For this time bus is less so i have only 2 hrs for hiking.
Do you think is it okay with just a little time? Is it worth for visiting?

2. How about Mt. Norikura for this time? It's really late autumn.
Is still stunning like the same?

I'll travel alone and I've never hiked before but I'll try in easy trail.

Thanks for any help^^
by JeeJi (guest)  

Re: Mt. Norikura on late autumn 2016/9/21 15:25
Hi Jeeji

Mt Norikura will certainly be beautiful at the end of October, if you get good weather. It's a fantastic place and well worth a visit. The top of the mountain is a fairly short hike from the bus stop up there, but take care if there is already a bit of snow around.

My main concern about your question would be the timing... If you are relying on public transport you will probably not have time to do both of those objectives. Each of them could easily use a full day, and you might find that transport connections between them are not simple. If you have a rental car then life would be much easier, although you would still have to take a bus up the Norikura Skyline road, so check that they are still running that late in the year.

I hope you have a great trip, wherever you end up going.

Tony
(10 Classic Alpine Climbs of Japan - http://amzn.to/2crQyU6)
by TonyGrant rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Norikura on late autumn 2016/9/21 16:06
Many thanks to Tony^^

I'll transfer bus between Norikura and Shin-Hotaka at hirayu (stay at one night). I'll reach Tatami-daira 14.40 and the last bus to Hirayu 16.50.
As you said if they'll certainly be beautiful, fantastic place and well worth. I think I should visit them although only 2 hrs. But for sure I won't reach the summit.

I'll check the weather again and maybe make a dicision on last sec. Snow already fall for this time? I really surprise.

If you've any recommendation plz tell me.

Thank You
by Jeeji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Norikura on late autumn 2016/9/21 21:04
Here's information about the weather around Mt.Norikuradake for your reference:
http://japanesealps.net/north/norikuradake/index.html

It seems pretty cold there.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Norikura on late autumn 2016/9/22 16:25
That's not pretty cold but too much for me ~ ~

Thanks a lot Hirohiroboy^^
by Jeeji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread