Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Selling used books in Kansai area 2016/9/22 09:48
Hi

Where can I sell used Japanese books and manga in either Kyoto, Nara or Osaka? Besides Book Off.. or is Book Off my best option?

I don't live in Japan but I visit often. Just realize I could get rid of some Japanese stuff in Japan itself instead of trying to find buyers online.

Advice pls. Thank you!
by MLML (guest)  

Re: Selling used books in Kansai area 2016/9/22 16:45
You are going to get hardly anything for them in Japan, and you've got to lug them to the country in the first place. What's the point? Sell them in your home country or throw them away. They are not worth the time.

By the way, I don't know what country you live in, but I sold some Japanese-language manga and Japanese study materials at a Half-Price Books in the US when I went home, and got a surprisingly high amount for them... apparently, they are in much demand now. So I'd try selling them where you live.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Selling used books in Kansai area 2016/9/22 17:25
You might check out Mandarake Grand Chaos for the manga - it's a used manga bookstore so they obviously buy and sell used manga. If you visit Osaka often you might try a trial run with a few manga and see if it's going to be worth your while. You can also try to find prices online if you can navigate the Japanese website.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread