Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL / Jetstar codeshare 2016/9/25 18:45
Hi,
I was booked on a codeshare from Helsinki to Kagoshima with JAL (Finnair and Jetstar being the Carrier).

What can I expect of them? In case of I miss the flight because of Finnair plane delay or the Jetstar flight is cancelled? Can I expect them to put me on another flight (there are two from Nagoya) or would they act like any LCC putting the effort on me in such situations?

Getting to Kagoshima some other way is long...

I was suggesting to go by Osaka Kansai and then from Itami but they advised me not to. Should I reconsider?
by Hen (guest)  

Re: JAL / Jetstar codeshare 2016/9/26 12:32
I guess you bought your ticket from JAL and are provided with an e-ticket. If both flights are on the same sheet, JAL will help you to reach Kagoshima, if you missed the connecting flight.

By the way, you can see the flight tracking from the site below.

FIN79

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FIN79

I can't find Jetstar693 on flightaware, but since it's departure time is 12:45, you will have more than enough time, provided that FIN79 arrived earlier than 10:00 in recent 13 days.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JAL / Jetstar codeshare 2016/9/26 16:18
Thank you for your information :)

Well the ticket says arrival due 9.40 AM. I am not sure how long immigration, etc would take. When arriving Kansai I am often out on the street at most an hour after arrival to gate.

Not sure on how the check in would work with Jetstar, but it looks like they have an own check in counter on the airport map.

So even if it is a Jetstar flight I could get help from JAL on this?

It's too bad I couldnt go with ANA instead of Jetstar but I guess it will work out somehow haha...
by Hen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL / Jetstar codeshare 2016/9/26 17:27
JetStar is a LCC - and has a pretty poor customer service reputation. make sure you are on time for check-in etc. If they cancel on you pester JAL for service.

(You can check their reviews online easily - I would never take a JetStar flight, I prefer to actually get to my destination. Out of one flight I actually booked with them, they cancelled so I flew a different airline the same day.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JAL / Jetstar codeshare 2016/9/26 21:28
Thank you.
Well the thing of it being a LCC feels a bit insecure...

The thing of being stuck in Nagoya, several kilometers away from my destination is no good feeling either. That's why I wanted to go from Itami instead, as it would be at least closer to Kagoshima... + more flights.

But I am not sure if it is worth doing so, I mean, changing airports and stuff....

But JAL would help me even if it is Jetstar's fault? I am most worried to be stuck on the airport b/c of no seats to go on the aircraft, or no carriers to take me...
by Hen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread