Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/26 02:11
Hiya.
I will be coming from a domestic flight arriving KOJ (Kagoshima) airport in the afternoon in a few weeks.

Then I will stay two nights and then fly onward to Yakushima.

I dont think I want to go all the way into Kagoshima as I have a morning flight to Yakushima. But can someone recommend any good hotels or hostels near the airport?

And what could you recommend as sightseeing around the airport? Is Kirishima good as a daytrip?
by Urkas (guest)  

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/26 16:38
The airport is in the middle of nowhere. Spend 40 minutes and 1200 yen on a bus and go into Kagoshima itself.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/26 17:02
I stayed at the Kagoshima airport hotel in late 2014, since I had an early flight to Yakushima the next day. The hotel wasn't the best - expensive for what it was (probably because there was only the one option), decor from the 70s, thin towels, not good soundproofing (could hear people in the hallways) and the breakfast options were pretty sparse.

It doesn't take long (or cost much) to get a bus to/from Kagoshima itself. With two days, stay in the city.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/26 21:00
Ah, thank you. Sad to hear the hotel is not very decent..

Anyway. As I wont bring any big luggage to Yakushima (sending it onward from the airport) I will be free of that. Is a daytrip still possible from Kagoshima to Kirishima area? Or worth it at all?

As I understand except for onsen the only thing to see is the hiking and the shrine.

I have been to Kagoshima some time before, including Sakurajima.

Does the bus leave very early for Kagoshima airport by the way? I think the first Yaku flight leaves... 8.40?
by Urkas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/27 07:34
I know there were multiple buses to the airport during the day, but I'm not sure what time in the morning they started. Maybe try Googling a bus timetable?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/27 07:54
Does the bus leave very early for Kagoshima airport by the way? I think the first Yaku flight leaves... 8.40?

In general, public transport for airports will take you before the check-in time of the first flight.

Bus timetable provided by Nangoku Kotsu (a bus company running airport buses)

https://nangoku-kotsu.com/cms/wp-content/themes/nkk/pdf/2016.4.kagoshi...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/27 15:54
Oh, that makes a relief. FIrst bus leaves around 6 AM so that is no problem. Thank you frog-san.
by Urkas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels and doings around KOJ airport 2016/9/28 15:56
If you have already done Kagoshima. Maybe look at Miyazaki as an option for your stay.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread