Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan and activity recommendation in Kusatsu 2016/9/26 14:55
Hello!

Travelling with my husband on our second honeymoon. We want to go to a nice onsen near Tokyo, and Kosatsu has been highly recommended by many. Could you recommend any ryokan that's great for honeymooners? Nothing above 20,000 Yen for a night's stay. And also can you recommend any day time activities that we can do?

Thanks in advance!
by Al (guest)  

Re: Ryokan and activity recommendation in Kusatsu 2016/9/26 18:13
Is that 20000 yen total, or per person? Its probably total, but just in case its not, I stayed at a fantastic ryokan a few years ago called Ekinariya (http://www.ekinariya.com). It was worth the hefty price tag as its one of the few ryokan left in the city allowed to use actual yubatake water, plus there are only 6 rooms and each has access to its own private bath. But they don't speak any English (or didn't when I went at least) and they'll be 15000-20000 per person with two meals depending on when your stay is. As you didn't say when you're going, I can't check for you, so it'll be more during a weekend in high season and less if its during the week in low.

As for activities, this website has a good list. If you're renting a car there are more still. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7400.html
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan and activity recommendation in Kusatsu 2016/9/27 15:11
Thanks scarreddragon! That's really helpful! I'll look into the hotel you suggested. We're planning to go on Oct 21-22. The staff not speaking English could be a problem though. I'll see if the husband is okay with that.
by Al (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan and activity recommendation in Kusatsu 2016/9/27 16:06
Well, for a hotel all you would need to them to tell you see:
1. Getting to your room, which a staff would probably bring you to
2. What time and where is dinner, this might be a challenge
3. Cost of stay and any other hidden cost/taxes, this can be easily be communicated through a calculator
4. Closing times for onsen baths- usually there is a sign that indicates this
Worse case, use Google Translate

I dont see much issue.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan and activity recommendation in Kusatsu 2016/9/27 20:12
Last year we stay for two nights in hotel/ryokan Boun. It's a lovely place. We had a room with privat onsen and the meal was really good. It's only around 5min on foot from the yubatake.
by nekochan07 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread