Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/27 00:36
Hi all

Is our first Japan trip. We prefer to have a relax and scenery tour. Need some advise for itinerary and transportation.

Our current plan is :
Kyoto - 4 days (Accommodation booked. Able to change)
Kinosaki Onsen - 4 days (Accommodation booked. Able to change)
(Free days) - 3days
Nara/Osaka - 4 days (Accommodation booked. Unable to change)

How many days should we spend in Kinosaki Onsen? We love onsen and most of popular Onsen are fully booked. :( We are not keen to go Kobe. Any other suggestion for a 3 days trip before we return back Osaka?

Would appreciate for any recommendations of the type of transportation and passes please?

Thanks in advance :)
by knng (guest)  

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/27 14:42
I think you're spending too long at Kinosaki. Most people only spend one night; two nights would be the maximum, or you'll get bored!

How about Hiroshima, Miyajima, Okayama and the surrounding areas for your free days?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/27 16:00
Arima onsen?
If you want something special how about a coastal onsen town? there are some littered about the southern Kansai peninsular.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/28 00:16
Thanks for your quick response.

Right..will reduce stay at Kinosaki and look for Miyajima, Okayama and coastal onsen town (this is new to me. where is it actually?)
by knng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/28 00:57
Kinosaki for 2 nights, maximum, imho.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/28 02:45
I would say that Hiroshima requires 2 days: 1 in Miyajima with the evening in Hiroshima and the other in Hiroshima itself. Google Mitaki-dera Hiroshima, it is an excellent example of a temple garden with little waterfalls.
Hi, if you want to see different types of places in Japan you could try Miyama for the farmhouses, Kurashiki near Okayama is quaint, Amanohashidate is a scenic spot on the same coast as Kinosaki, Koyasan is a special Budhist place where you can stay overnight in a temple and don't forget Himeji castle.
I know there are some onsen in Kumano on the south coast.
You might get some more and better advice if you let us know what time of year you are going.
Regards, Richard
by RichardS81 rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/28 22:14
Thanks Richard.
We are going 11-25 Nov...still struggling to plan :P

by knng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 Days Itinerary : Kansai 2016/9/29 01:21
if you are in Kinosaki, why dont you check out Tottori (It is very untouristic and has one of the best sentos i have ever been in Japan) and maybe afterwards Matsue & Tamatsukurionsen?
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread