Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

snow tires 2016/9/27 13:36
We plan to drive along the romantic road from Ueda starting on Nov 23, 2016 for 4 days. The route is Ueda - Higashiagatsuma - Shima - Sarugakyo - Minakami - Lake Chuzenji - and will end in Nikko.

Did anyone have experience driving this route at the end of November? What I concern is the weather condition around this period. Do we need winter tires for the rental car?

Your feedback is much appreciated.
by deborah G (guest)  

Re: snow tires 2016/9/27 20:57

Do we need winter tires for the rental car

I rented a car about a same time a few years ago travelling around Nagano, and was told that the car was fitted with winter tyres.
I assume for safety reason, the company would fit correct tyres automatically.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: snow tires 2016/9/27 23:22
November is generally too early for snow in that area, and the route that you are travelling doesn't have regular closures until late December. Note that rental car dealers in certain areas install snow tires as a matter of policy during winter months, but whether or not this applies to you depends on where you will rent the car from. For example, if you rent from Niigate in January you will likely have winter tires automatically, but if you rent from Kyoto (and drive to Niigata) you will probably have to request them as an option.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread