Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/9/30 09:56
Does anyone know when is Yeti Resort opening season for last quarter of 2016? I had written to them few times but there is no reply.

Or is there any other snow resort (easily accessible from Tokyo) that would be opened end November onward?

Thank you.
by Teo (guest)  

Re: Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/10/1 11:22
Snow Town Yeti should be open by then, they're one of the earliest ski resorts to open in that area, but they haven't posted this year's dates on their website yet. So, Prince Snow Resort Karuizawa's season starts November 3rd. It is an easy Shinkansen ride from Tokyo:

http://www.princehotels.com/en/ski/karuizawa/

As usual with these early-opening resorts, they use "fake" snow until it snows enough later in the season. If you go at the end of November, your chances are pretty high that the snow will still mostly be artificial. But you probably wont really be able to tell the difference :)
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/10/1 11:33
It was open during Oct.16 2015 - Apr.3, 2016.
by GattoNegro rate this post as useful

Re: Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/10/4 09:31
Thank you very much for the replies, appreciate it very much.
by Teo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/10/4 17:45
I'd also recommend Karuizawa over Snow Town Yeti as the resort is nicer and way easier to access. There are also several other things to do in the area for non-skiers/after skiing.

As an aside, Snow Town Yeti usually opens around the second or third week of October. The place where they normally post the dates it is a dead link, so that may be why they aren't up on the site yet.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Yeti Resort opening season for end of 2016 2016/10/4 17:56
Thank you, yllwsmrf.

If we visit Karuizawa, is it possible to go for day trip from Tokyo?

If possible, I would save my earlier planned Mt Fuji 2 day 1 night trip for Fuji-Q Highland.
by Teo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread