Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/9/30 14:54
Hi there. I just bought a Freetel SIM card, FREETEL SIMmLTE‘ΉžEƒf[ƒ^’ÊMê—pEnano SIMn(ŒŽŠz299‰~(Å”²)‚æ‚è). I bought this SIM card through Amazon with my own country (Malaysia) debit card. I want to ask how to pay the monthly payment of this SIM card if I do not have a credit card?

Thank you.
by Elie Lee  

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/1 10:29
A debit card of a major brand (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) should work too. Because debit cards are somewhat rare in Japan, they often say "credit card" to rever to all types of payment cards.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/1 21:51
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/1 23:14
I wouldn't take their word for it.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/3 01:24
@Firas I don't quite get it. The Freetel website says they wont accept debit cards as per the link above so why doubt them?
by Stan Norrell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/3 09:15
You purchased a sim card, did you actually set it up for use?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How to pay Freetel monthly payment 2016/10/3 13:39
As an additional comment (or two), I actually have a Freetel sim on contract (took a while because of the a pointless circular argument with the store staff until they realized they made a mistake. I had a specific requirement where I needed another phone number on Japan, and not an 050 number.

Anyway, the conditions I think you will have trouble with are:
You need a way of doing auto-payments. I used credit card, but I could have used a Japanese bank account. I am not aware of debit cards that do auto-payments (linked accounts would), but I don't see any reason for Freetel to accept a non-Japanese account for a Japanese phone contract.

The other thing for a plan, you are probably going to need an address and a resident card. There is quite an interesting piece of legislation around who can have a voice phone account.

If you don't need a voice plan and VoIP still works fine most of the time, then just do a three month data sim.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread