Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Drive Tokyo -Takayama - Tokyo 2016/10/1 13:22
Dear All:

We are group of 5 (with 2 children), we decided to drive from Tokyo to outskirt , here is our plan:

Day 1 to 4 : Tokyo Area
Day 5: Tokyo - Shirawakago (stay a night)
Day 6: Shirawakago - Takayama (stay a night)
Day 7: Takayama to ???
Day 8: ??? drive back to Tokyo

My question is, after Takayama , where should I stop over a night before heading to Tokyo ? is there any town or interest places between Takayama and Tokyo ?

Thanks

Anna

by Jiayu Loh  

Re: Drive Tokyo -Takayama - Tokyo 2016/10/1 23:23
When?
How old children? boys,girls or both?
http://www.kanazawa-tourism.com/eng/info/info5.php
http://iko-yo.net/notes?region_id=2&sort=ranking
http://www.walkerplus.com/ranking/ar0400.html
Use Google translate.

Not Shirawakago "Shira kawa go".

by mlix (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Drive Tokyo -Takayama - Tokyo 2016/10/2 06:55
I don't understand why you would drive that trip. I think it is more hassle than it is worth.

But if you do so, there are plenty of places between Tokyo and Takayama worth a look. Considering we don't know the ages of your kids and any likes or dislikes of the whole group in general. then it is difficult to make recommendations for you.

I'd suggest sitting down with your travelling group and look through this website. Start at the map and delve into it. Enjoy.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Drive Tokyo -Takayama - Tokyo 2016/10/2 07:53
Hi, I don't know much about the road networks and how feasible it would be to go back to Tokyo via Matsumoto. You might all enjoy a Japanese castle. Alternatively there is a steam train line near Shizuoka called the Oigawa railway www.oigawa-railway.co.jp/pdf/oigawa_rail_eng.pdf
You might get better responses if you give the month of travel as different seasons offer different opportunities.
You could have another day in Takayama or in Tokyo and easily fill your time.
Regards, Richard
by RichardS81 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Drive Tokyo -Takayama - Tokyo 2016/10/2 09:25
Dear All: really appreciated your reply.

We are going to Tokyo on 19/11 to 29/11 (Fly back Singapore via Tokyo) , basically we are parent, teenager , 9 years old girl and 6 years old boy.

We plan to drive because we wants to be more flexible by not waiting and catching the trains / bus , headache of luggage arrangement and we can explore more outside of Tokyo. We would like to see more scenery , small town, hence we are thinking maybe we can make a stop along the highway and relax with the fresh air.

Besides that, in fact I still have one free day in Tokyo (we seldom shopping and quite headache shopping with 2 children) , I plan to go Hitachi Seaside Park but also understand that not lots of flowers in November, anyone going before in late Nov ?

Thanks and cheer
Anna
by Jiayu Loh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread