Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying at Koyasan 2016/10/4 02:33
Hi!

I'm planning to stay at Koyasan this 19th od December with a couple of friends. Only for one day, the 20th we would wake up early for the fire ceremony and then leave.

Is booking.com a good place for this kind of reservation?
I know that i have to pay in cash once we arrive, but if i grab a discount the page (booking.com) will tell me how much in yen i'll have to pay?

Or do you recomend another web?

How do i know wich o where is held the fire ceremony?

Thanks in advance!
by MRey (guest)  

Re: Staying at Koyasan 2016/10/5 10:55
I would suggest booking directly with the temple. There are a few webpages listing the various temples you can stay in (Google it). The temple website/booking will tell you if they perform a fire ceremony. I stayed at Ekoin in 2014, and they had a morning fire ceremony.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying at Koyasan 2016/10/6 20:17
Book directly at the temples!

Ekoin is a big one
As is Fudoin

If you google them you will find their direct URL's
by Iris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying at Koyasan 2016/10/6 20:34
I've stayed at Eko-in. It's english speaker friendly so there will be a reasonable number of non-Japanese tourists. But it's close to Okunoin, they have a fire ceremony and they also run a night tour of the cemetery by one of the english speaking monks. They also have English online booking

http://www.ekoin.jp/en/
by mfedley (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying at Koyasan 2016/10/7 04:35
Thanks for the advice!

I looked up Eko-in but it's already booked :(
We are planning to stay the 19th of december and check out the 20th

Do you have another suggestion apart from Eko-in?
by MRey (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread