Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 03:40
Hi!

I'll be travelling via train from Narita Intl Airport to Kagawa and have planned my journey using Hyperdia. There will be 3 different trains for the entire trip:

1) Narita Express
2) Shinkansen Nozomi
3) JR Marine Liner

Hyperdia gave me a single fare for the entire trip (Ref: http://i.imgur.com/b0JtDKA.png ). I'd like to know if I just have to buy just one ticket at Narita Airport to cover all 3 trains, or do I have to purchase the tickets separately? Can I just show the Hyperdia printout to the ticketing counter to get my ticket(s)?

Thanks!
by Ryan (guest)  

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 10:05
Yes you can buy the tickets one the one location. You'll get given 3 tickets, as you'll be traveling a 3 different trains.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 10:19
Yes, you can buy all the tickets at once. Just show them the printout at the desk and they will do the rest.

Note that is likely to be up to 4 physical tickets depending on whether you use reserved seats or not. This is because you are taking different classes off trains. The breakdown is likely to be:

1. base fare ticket - covering Narita to Kagawa
2. limited express ticket - including seat reservation for the narita express
3. shinkansen ticket - a combo of limited express fees, nozomi fees, etc. for using the Nozomi
4. possible reserved seat fee - if using a reserved or green seat on the marine liner

It can get a little complicated to know which ticket combos to put into the turnstiles at different points of the journey, so you may be better off going through the manned turnstiles instead.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 10:24
You will be given three or four tickets : base fare, limited express ticket for the Narita Express, limited express ticket for the Shinkznsen, and possibly reserved seat ticket for the Marine Liner, if you want a reserved seat. I recommend to take a Green seat, as they are on the upper deck and will give you the best view.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 11:00
Thanks for all the replies, it's been very helpful.

Am I able to buy the tickets and reserve the seats before I arrive in Japan, perhaps at the local JTB/JNTO office?

@Firas: Just to clarify, are you recommending a Green seat on the JR Marine Liner?

by Ryan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 11:02
Am I able to buy the tickets and reserve the seats before I arrive in Japan, perhaps at the local JTB/JNTO office?

Maybe, but that would be a lot more hassle than it's worth. They may also charge addiitonal fees on top of the price of the tickets.

@Firas: Just to clarify, are you recommending a Green seat on the JR Marine Liner?

Yes.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing train tickets for multi stops 2016/10/6 11:49
by XHL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread