Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One day in Hachimantai? 2016/10/9 18:03
Hi. I am planning a trip to Hachimantai for the autumn colors on October 17. I will be travelling from Tokyo by Shinkansen so I will probably buy a JR East Tohoku Pass for that.

Is one day enough for just walking around the area? There are walking trails, right?
by P (guest)  

Re: One day in Hachimantai? 2016/10/10 00:29
Hell.It should match a question....
The weather in Hatimantai on October 17 seems fine.
But the morning and evening is very cold,so it's better to have a warm figure.
by 里美 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One day in Hachimantai? 2016/10/14 11:24
Hi P

If you can take a bus up to the parking lot at 八幡平頂上見返峠, there's a really lovely hiking loop that can be done in about 1-1.5 hours. It goes around a beautiful lake on a plateau, with wooden boardwalks, and then over the 1613m summit of Mt Hachimantai, and then loops back to the parking lot. It's really gentle, not much elevation gain along the way, and the views are stunning! In particular you can get amazing views across to nearby Mt Iwate from a perfect angle!

Just paste this URL into your browser and it will open Google Maps at the location of the parking lot and visitors centre.

Enjoy your trip!!

Tony
("10 Classic Alpine Climbs of Japan" on Amazon - http://amzn.to/2crQyU6)
by TonyGrant rate this post as useful

reply to this thread