Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

New work visa/health insurance 2016/10/10 03:03
Hi everyone!
So, June 2016 I had to rush home from Hyogo prefecture to the UK (my father got into a big road accident), I cancelled my working visa in japan and returned home. Thankfully my father is okay now, it looked like i was going to be returning home for good due to his accident, but hes healthy and fine so i have decided to apply for a NEW working visa for 2017 to return to Japan for work...GREAT, BUT...one question

Due to rushing home I completely forgot to pay about 2 months health insurance DOH (it might be 3, but if i remember it was 2 months).
Would this in anyway derail my new application for a new working visa? I just have a bad feeling that i'll get in deep s**t for NOT paying it before I left! :(
I only realized once I left, so it was a complete accident and totally my fault (I even emailed the Ward Office to say that i will pay it back once i return to Japan!).

Thank you all for your time and have a nice day! :)
P.S- this may have been asked before, so sorry if its a repetitive question on this forum? :(
by LiquidSnake1989  

Re: New work visa/health insurance 2016/10/10 11:29
Relieved to hear your father is ok.

I would say that should not affect the application at all.

Once you come into Japan and register at your new address, and if you have not notified the ward/city hall that you were leaving, you "might" end up with a few extra months worth of health insurance and get a few questions (you "could" have remained on the record for a while as a resident still, until Immigration possibly informed them that you returned your resident card at the airport).

Another question though - your employer did not have its own health insurance scheme? I thought that if you were employed full-time, you'd be enrolled in the employer's scheme, and that your health insurance contribution into that would be deducted from your salary?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread