Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus to and from Takachiho 2016/10/11 05:15
I will make stop at Fukuoka, Beppu, Takachiho, Kurokawa Onsen and Yufuin, then back to FUK. My original plan was from FUK JR to Beppu, JR to Nabeoka, bus to Takachiho. Getting out of Takachiho is a problem. It seems there is only bus from Takachiho to Kumamoto airport to Kurokawa, it's a 7 hour bus trip with 2 hr wait at airport.
Can someone suggest if I rearrange my stops, is there a better way to get out of Takachoho? ie any direct bus to and from Takachiho /Yufuin. Thank you in advance.
by FLGL  

Re: Bus to and from Takachiho 2016/10/11 16:44
You don't need to go all the way to the airport. The Kumamoto to Beppu bus and Kumamoto to Nobeoka bus share the same route up to Mt Aso base. You should be able to transfer there. There are limited buses per day.

Someone else with access should be able to help you out with times.

I know the Kumamoto to Beppu bus was running limited services due to road issues. So it may be better to loop around via Nobeoka and Oita???
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus to and from Takachiho 2016/10/11 17:23
You don't need to go all the way to the airport. The Kumamoto to Beppu bus and Kumamoto to Nobeoka bus share the same route up to Mt Aso base. You should be able to transfer there. There are limited buses per day.

As a cursory look at the timetables shows, the last common stop of the two buses it at Kumamoto airport, so OP is correct. In addition, the buses currently do not stop near mount Aso, so it is not possible to transfer to the Minamiaso Railway at Takamori, either.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Bus to and from Takachiho 2016/10/11 17:47
So looks like looping around is the better option then.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus to and from Takachiho 2016/10/12 09:31
Thank You for the suggestions!
by FLGL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread