Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/13 16:14
Hello, I am travelling to Shirakawago and is not sure whether to stay the night at Kanazawa (day trip to Shirakawago) or should I stay in the farmhouse at Shirakawago? I already have a guesthouse confirmed at the moment but the price difference is quite big betweern staying at Kanazawa vs Shirakawago and I am having some doubts. Online reviews were mixed with some saying it as a great experience while some saying it is not worthed it. What do you think? Thank you.
by stellaclare (guest)  

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/13 21:09

When are you visiting?
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/13 21:45
January.
by stellaclare rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/13 22:21

If I were you, I would stay one night at the Shirakawago for the deep winter experience.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/14 08:43
The price is more expensive but it will normally include dinner and breakfast.
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/14 08:58
Yes, in winter you should definitely stay there overnight. Seeing the village lit up at night and staying in a farmhouse surrounded by the snow would be truly spectacular. I think you'll regret it if you don't stay there - it is beautiful in the day time too, but at night is when it becomes truly magical.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/14 14:12
Yes, unfortunately i will not be there during weekends, hence will not be able to see the illuminations anyway. Yes, I noted that the cost includes dinner and breakfast but with all costs compared, I still find the difference quite huge, which is why I wasn't sure. But it seems that I should stay at the guesthouse anyway ya?
by stellaclare rate this post as useful

Re: Worth it to stay in Shirakawago? 2016/10/17 14:41
I would say yes, you should spend a night there if you want to experience farm house stay. It's pretty amazing and you get to enjoy the village even more when most tourists leave Shirakawago after 5pm and before 9am. Even though you won't be seeing annual lit up event but you can still go up to the view point and take picture. It's still very nice.
by wenwen0614 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread