Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 16:55
Want to know whether rental car is allowed to Oirase stream and Lake Towada in Aomori. I have Japanse license, so would like to take a rental from Shichinohe Towada JR Shinkansen station to Oirase stream
Hope this is convinient for me compared to JR Bus from Hachinohe station
I am coming from Tokyo
by Ethi  

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 17:34
I didn't have experience with rental car, but I saw many private cars parked near the main streams/attraction spot. I departed from Aomori on JR bus and took around 2.5 hrs, returned by taxi from Lake Towada to JR Shichinohe station and took around 45 minutes. The road was long and winding and was very quiet and dark around 6:30pm. Be careful of the vehicle/tourist buses coming from opposite direction, as well as the trekkers walking along the roadside.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 17:47
Thanks Moccy for the quick update.
I have visited Lake Towada in last year, by JR Bus from Hachinohe station and I couldn't get much time due the tight bus schedule.
Bus will take around 2 Hrs, but I believe Car will take less than 1 Hr. So expect more time to explore in Oirase and Lake Towada

BTB, If I come to Oirase on 29th Oct, Can I see some fallen leaves atleast? What is the best time to visit Oirase
by Ethi rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 17:59
I have visited Lake Towada in last year, by JR Bus from Hachinohe station and I couldn't get much time due the tight bus schedule.

It is not a daytrip destination; especially not when coming from Tokyo. And it's not even all that great...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 18:21

The end of October would be great time for the koyo, and staying overnight at the keiryuu hotel is highly recommended. This place is not merely a hotel, it is a "destination":
http://www.oirase-keiryuu.jp/en/
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/18 19:21
I was there last year on 31 Oct. It was already too late where most leaves had fallen. IMO the beauty of Oirase is best enjoyed by walking down the stream.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Oirase stream by Car 2016/10/19 01:59
Late Oct is indeed a very good time for autumn foliage in Oirase Stream, but due to its popularity traffic restriction is enforced during that period and one canft drive directly onto Rte 102.

http://www.eco-oirase.com/ja/regulation/ditail.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread