Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day Arashiyama 2016/10/18 17:38
Hi, is it ok to plan my day at Arashiyama this way? Or which way would be more convenient? I will be going from Osaka.

1) Hozugawa River Cruise
2) Togetsukyo Bridge
3) Tenryuji Temple
4) Bamboo Grove
5) Monkey Park Iwatayama
6) Randen Arashiyama station - kimono forest (for lighting) & hotspring for foot.

I think that taking the cruise first is more feasible since it will end near the Togetsukyo bridge? But how should I go about after that? From the monkey park, can i walk to randen arashiyama station? Is it nearby? Then how do i go back to Osaka from Randen Arashiyama?

Thank you!
by ssohmq  

Re: 1 day Arashiyama 2016/10/18 18:24
Add the Sagano Railway in also.

If you are coming from Osaka, you can get a Hankyu train from Umeda and it arrives at the south end of Arashiyama. The Monkey park and boat arrival is on this side of the river.

You can also return to Osaka using the same transport.

I'd probably go - Monkey park, bridge, temple, bamboo, railway, cruise, kimono forest.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day Arashiyama 2016/10/19 17:36
hi! we don't intend to take the sagano railway cos it will be pack during nov period. do we still start from monkey park or start from cruise?

also, i will be going from 19-27 november, any idea what type of jackets to wear? i'm from a tropical country so im not sure what is suitable to wear for 8-15 degrees temperature.
by ssohmq rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day Arashiyama 2016/10/19 17:47
If you dont wanna take the Sagano railway. You still need to take the regular JR train up river. So you'll end up next door to the Sagano railway anyway.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread