Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chestnuts? 2016/10/19 11:17
Hi

Wondering if I can buy fresh chestnuts / kuri from a market (properly packed in luggage) and bring home to my country (Singapore)? Can they keep well, for a week or more?

Thanks..
by SusieWWW (guest)  

Re: Chestnuts? 2016/10/19 12:50
This is question you need to ask of your home country's Customs department - they will determine whether or not you can bring fresh chestnuts into your country.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chestnuts? 2016/10/19 19:03
In addition... yes they will keep just fine if kept in a cool place. A refrigerator is best, but not absolutely necessary. I would carefully inspect each nut, looking for small holes - where a worm may have burrowed into the nut. Discard any that you find.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chestnuts? 2016/10/22 13:57
I have lived in both Japan & Singapore and since Singapore has no agriculture to speak of I don't think they really care if you bring in roasted nuts.

Fresh roasted ones in the shell are available in department stores & in tourist areas in the fall.

You can also buy them in snack stores, shelled & in sealed bags.
The Ameyoko-cho area of Tokyo between UENO & Okachimachi stations is packed full of snack & sweets shops. I am sure would have them.

by Haruden (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread