Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumimasen for asking the repeated question 2016/10/20 19:22
I originally wanted to visit Tokyo and kyoto in November for the beautiful fall foliage scenery at that time. But due to work load i didn't get leaves and had to postpone my trip.

In the mean time, i kept my travel research open and what i have understood so far is that for 7 day- first time trip to Japan, it should be limited to Tokyo only to get accustomed to Japan.

So my question is, If i plan my trip somewhere in February or March next year should i limit my itinerary to only Tokyo or include Kyoto as well?

I am a frugal traveler and don't know i will make it to Japan again... So confused to whether limit to only Tokyo or to visit Kyoto too.
by Anubhav17  

Re: Sumimasen for asking the repeated question 2016/10/21 10:55
With only 7 days, I would suggest staying only in Tokyo. You only have a limited time and don't want to waste too much time on long-distance travel. There's plenty to see and do in Tokyo, and splitting your time between two cities would mean you wouldn't get a full experience of either. However, many people do visit both Tokyo and Kyoto in 7 days.

If you are concerned about your budget, I would stay in Tokyo to save money.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumimasen for asking the repeated question 2016/10/21 11:33
(Your question should have been posted in the travel section. )

For a first time traveller to Japan, you should visit both Tokyo and Kyoto, and visit several famous, well-known places for your first experience of Japan and its culture. You can arrive at Narita airport or Haneda airport, and leave from Osaka airport or Kansai airport. 7 days is not sufficient but is not too short. And you should try, in the near future, to come back again to Japan.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumimasen for asking the repeated question 2016/10/21 16:04
@sq Yes, i have seen many people suggesting me the same. However i am worried if i don't make it to Japan again, i will miss out on visiting Kyoto.
by Anubhav17 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread