Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo for kids 2016/10/23 16:14
Hi, my husband and I are taking out 7 and 2 year old boys with us to Tokyo. We will be staying there for 7 days. What attractions do you recommend for kids besides Disney. Something more specific to Japan, its culture and nature is preferable. My kids are used to travel and walking/hiking long distance (the 2year old sits in a stroler or a hiking backpack). I see the the fish market is not recommended for kids. Will we be kicked out if we do bring the kids?
by Yarah (guest)  

Re: Tokyo for kids 2016/10/24 10:35
Gotta bring them Akihabara and see all the geeky anime stuff and flashying lights! Pokemon store, Shibuya Crossing. Ueno Zoo!
by Pankubox rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo for kids 2016/10/24 11:06
You should definitely do a daytrip to Kamakura for its temples, shrines and hiking trails. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2166.html

Other suggestions for kids:
Yomiuriland, Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Ueno Zoo, Odaiba (incl Joypolis).

You may like to do things like walk around one of the many beautiful gardens and have tea and sweets in their teahouses.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo for kids 2016/10/24 12:57
Almost anything. Kids like anything that isn't their own back yard. But to make it easier on your parents. Don't go somewhere with wildy long queues. Boredom sets in pretty quickly with kids.

Last visit I took my kids to Enoshima, Kamakura, Odaiba, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya, Sun City Ikebukuro, JR East train museum, Usui Pass Heritage Railway Park, Akihabara, Tokyo Station shopping complex.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo for kids 2016/10/24 14:21
Please don't bring your kids to the fish market. Here are some suggestions for kid-friendly activities: http://whereintokyo.com/dbinx/kids.html

Tokyo's Legoland is very good, and the History Garage (a collection of vintage cars and sports cars) might be interesting. The whole area of Odaiba has lots of attractions for families and children, and Ikebukuro Sunshine City is another family-oriented destination.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread