Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Post Coin Deposit 2016/10/24 13:07
A while back I was with a friend who deposited a large bag of coins at Japan Post. He had to fill out a form for it to be deposited. My friend was Japanese, so he easily filled it out in Japanese.

I'd like to do the same thing, but I don't know Japanese and the staff don't know English. Unfortunately my friend no longer lives in the area.

Is there a copy of the form online that way I can translate it ahead of time to know what the form asks for?

Can I fill the form out in English? Or does it have to be Japanese?
by S. Moon (guest)  

Re: Japan Post Coin Deposit 2016/10/24 15:05
Depending on how large your large bag is, you could also just do it at ATMs.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post Coin Deposit 2016/10/24 17:02
When I have small amounts I deposit at the AMT, but I can only get about 50-70 coins in at a time. The machine takes so long to register the coins afterwards too.

Unfortunately I have quite a large bag. I had some friends visit and was left with ALL their change on top of my own. I want to get rid of it, haha.
by S. Moon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post Coin Deposit 2016/10/24 17:25
Drink machine money for the next 12 months? haha
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

arudake-nyuukin? 2016/10/25 17:05
Maybe you're talking about "arudake-nyuukin".
http://kizasu.com/yuubinkyoku-ryougae

But I'm not sure if it really exists, because I couldn't find any official information about it. The year-old link is just a blog that somebody wrote.

You can ask a post office about it. Maybe things would go down better if you show the link's pages (ie printed copy) at a relatively large branch.

The link says that all you have to do is to write down your name in the box shown in red in the link, as you surrender your coins to the clerk. The clerk will count them in minutes and call your name again. Then the clerk will tell you the amount in yen, and you write the amount in the other blank shown in red.

The link says you should make sure you don't have anything else mixed in such as game coins nor should your coins be rusty, because those things can cause trouble to the machine and then your waiting time will take longer.

I assume you already have a post office bank account, because you need one to do this. Once you've had your coins placed in your account, you can draw the amount out from the ATM, and the machine will spit it out in bills.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread