Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okkunikko 2016/10/24 17:26
Hi,

I'm thinking of doing a day trip to Nikko on Christmas' eve. I'll be staying in a friend's place in Kawagoe. Planning to reach 10.30am at Nikko Station. Wonder if it will be very cold in that area? I'm pretty attracted to the sights in Senjogahara but I'm not sure if there's anything to see. Is it too cold to hike from Yudaki falls? We are both not the hiking sort but walking is fine for us. We are not intending to use the onsens in this area. For a day trip in winter, what will you recommend in Okkunikko? I don't think we will be able to accomplish everything, but I will be happy to see snow and see some nature scenery. We are not the temple sort too. Will you recommend also to get the Yumoto free pass by Tobu? Seems like a pretty good deal.

In addition, I'm thinking of Nikko to maximise the usage of my Tokyo Wide Pass which is valid for 3 days. I'm also using it for my trip to Lake Kawaguchiko whereby I'm staying one night, then I will return to Kawagoe for 2nd day, and tentatively Nikko on the 3rd. If there's any suggestions where I should visit in December, I'm happy to hear your suggestions.

Thank you in advance!
by hahahaze  

Re: Okkunikko 2016/10/24 23:42
You can check the temperature of Okunikko by this URL.
http://www.tenki.jp/past/2014/12/24/amedas/3/12/41166.html
by momo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread