Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/24 19:53
Me and my family will be visiting japan this weekend im with my two year old son who only drinks long life milk am i allowed to bring it in japan if not where can i buy it in tokyo . Is it available in vending machines and 7/11 store thank u
by Cristine anne chua (guest)  

Re: Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/25 13:37
The importation of Dairy products is prohibited. Airlines probably won't allow you to bring a huge amount either, but local laws always apply.

If you do bring it, and fail to declare it, it his an arrestable offense, and immediate deportation, and a ban to return to Japan.

It is avoidable, and I would avoid it, and highly not recommend it. I been in the travel industry for over 10 years, and I have seen many things.
by Pankubox rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/25 17:12
Ask for 퉷•Û‘¶‰Â”\‚Ì‹“û

Just show the above phrase to the clerk, because it's much easier than trying to pronounce it.

They look like these, and you can usually buy 200ml packs in any convenience store or supermarket.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9...

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/25 17:21
UHT milk, which may be a possible substitute, is widely available in Japan. See this similar thread.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+102732

Btw, dairy is a restricted item at customs. You may be able to bring it on the plane, but you are supposed to use or discard it before entering the country. Btw, if customs officers find it in your bag you may just have to discard it. Arrest, deportation or bans are quite the other extreme end of the scale.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/25 17:45
You can only bring in a very limited amount of liquid on your flight, but I'm sure yllwsmrf meant "You may be able to bring it along to the airport in your checked luggage".
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring long life milk in japan 2016/10/25 18:24
UHT is the same stuff.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread