Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/24 22:53
Hi, my family of 4 (3 luggages) will be arriving @ Haneda airport @ 9.40pm.. since it's quite late, i hope traffic will be smooth, should we get a meter taxi or flat rate taxi?

Any taxi company to recommend?
http://www.tokyomk.com/en/airport.html

Anyone knows the taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya?

Thanks.

by ym (guest)  

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/25 09:34
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/25 10:15
Around 9000Y/40 min if no big accident/traffic jam.
9000Y means include sales tax 8%, toll road fee and late night fee(fr 22:00 to 5:00 am) 20% all.
In Japan taxi no need tipping.

So in your case flat(fixed) rate taxi is one of very good deal.
Other taxi companies prices no big different
if want to know for comparing back to google search by "‰H“c‹ó` ’èŠzƒ^ƒNƒV[".
Shibuya is mid town/Shibuya stn around in a’J‹æ(Shibuya-ku/-ward).

But in that time trains and buses still operating a lot.
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/4/46
Just no direct train(all days/time) need one transfering at Shinagawa.
https://goo.gl/maps/gnvCAmvsuaK2
Transfering is very easy.
(Keikyu to JR Yamanote line outer loop via connecting gate)
http://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/sights/images/shinagawa_transfer...
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e788.html
Both are commuter train no seat booking but no worry about seating.
by Palermo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/26 07:45
Y7500-Y9000 while the trains are still running seems an expensive way to do it, but that is choice/personal preference.

To Shibuya from Haneda is two trains - change at Hamamatsucho if you take the monorail and Yamanote line or change at Shinagawa if you take the Keikyu and then Yamanote line.

(There are some other options as well.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/26 21:27
Thanks for the options.

Agree that train is cheaper.. only worry is carrying the 3 luggages..

Did a comparison between bus and train. Is it much faster to go by train? I check the limousine bus from Haneda airport to Shibuya takes about 1 hour. I stop at Shibuya EXCEL Tokyu hotel which is closer to where we stay. In the night, I assume traffic should be smooth?

Taking train about 40mins but worry if we may be lost when transfer at Shinagawa station which seems quite complicated.

Actually my preference is to try the train.. but will I end up longer than taking bus in case difficult to find my way..

Any comments? Thank you.

by YM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/26 21:42
Shinagawa is probably one of the least complicated large stations. All the tracks are parallel and only the Keikyu lines are elevated from the rest of the tracks (JR and Shinkansen).
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/26 22:19
Bus indeed takes an hour, due to the various stops they make, but at that time in the evening, where are you rushing to? It takes the hassle off of transferring and wheeling your luggage for sure.
Also be aware that Japanese taxi's can be small, and there are typically separate lines for "large" vs "med" vs "small" to choose from if you need to fit your entire party + suitcases in one car.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/26 22:24
addition:
I mentioned the size of taxi because in the US, it is illegal to sit in the front passenger seat with the driver. Everyone has to fit in the back (typically space for 3 people). So your family of 4 might have to split up if this were the US.

I don't know the rules in JP, and I have sat in the front in Japanese taxi's because of luggage situation. But I don't think I was supposed to, and I might have peeved the driver.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/27 03:10
I mentioned the size of taxi because in the US, it is illegal to sit in the front passenger seat with the driver. Everyone has to fit in the back (typically space for 3 people).

Incorrect.

Don't generalize your limited experience to an entire country.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/27 05:21
I mentioned the size of taxi because in the US, it is illegal to sit in the front passenger seat with the driver. Everyone has to fit in the back (typically space for 3 people).

Really. What state or city was this? Never had a problem in Las Vegas and San Francisco when we had at least 4 people.

But yes, it is good to know to rules/laws of Tokyo/Japan and any other city/country about these kind of stuff to avoid hassles.
by hibell77 rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/27 07:56
Four people in a taxi is fine. Three cases could be a challenge, but most cabs will be happy to use tie-downs (bungy cords) if the boot (trunk) doesn't close. Done many times.

Shinagawa isn't complicated, even from Keikyu to Yamanote line. But the limo bus to the Shibuya Excel might be a simple first day options. Which hotel are you actually staying at? It can be confusing going from the Excel to some of the other parts of Shibuya.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi fare from Haneda to Shibuya 2016/10/27 09:18
Thank you for the responses and assurance that Shinagawa is not too complicated.

As I touched down @ 9.40pm, depending what time we clear immigration and custom, may try to catch the 10:35pm bus (reach Shibuya @ 11:27pm).

If I'm early, I may try the train instead of waiting for the 10:35pm bus.. so will play by ear :)

Have a great day :)

by YM (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread