Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 08:19
Hello Guys, ILll be in Tokyo from late Nov to early December and plan to have a nice breakfast at Tsukiji Fish Market. ILve already done some search but I did not found a clear answer to this question: Is it possible to access the restaurantLs row (in the inner market) before 9 - 10AM (which is the time visitors are allowed to enter the wholesale area)?

I checked that the restaurant opens at 6 AM.

Thanks for the replies
by Paulo R (guest)  

Re: Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 12:45
Hi Paulo, I bet you mean either Sushi Dai or Sushi Daiwa. Yes, you can access them very early, even before 6 AM.

Your wait will be very long. Volumes have been written in the internet about how the food may not be worth the wait. I have eaten at Sushi Dai after a lengthy (about 2 hour?) wait. The food is good, but your time in Japan is precious.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 12:49
Inner Market restaurants opened until lunch time(12:30 - 14:00) but some restaurants will close before 11:00.

If thinking most famous "Sushi dai" in that time is too late.
This is early 8:00s pic.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu7PXRBXYAA_zMB.jpg:large
But Sushi dai closing is 14:00 so end of waiting line customers have to wait over 5.5 hrs very long ultra hard.

But market moving (to Toyosu) problem still continue.
You may able to eat at inner market but no exact answer today.

by Lena (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 14:39

I knew the wait would be long, my curiosity got the best of me, I still queued and waited over 2 hours before being seated. The food was OK, nothing to brag about, would not claim the wait was worth it.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 18:52
Guys, many thanks for your replies.

ILm thinking in keeping away from Sushi Dai or Sushi Daiwa (because of the lines), instead I plan to go to Sushi Zanmai (https://matcha-jp.com/en/1136) or Isozushi (https://japantrek.jp/the-place-you-must-go-in-the-year-of-2016-isozush...).

Any comments on these places?
by Paulo R (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to restaurants in Tsukiji Inner Market 2016/10/25 23:52
Zanmai is a good value, but make sure you go to the main store in the outer market. There are a number of Zanmai all over tokyo. The Honten has the freshest fish. I've eaten at a number of them. Early AM, there will be no (or minimal) line, and the cost is very reasonable.

Also fun are the high tech places around Tokyo which have conveyor belts that deliver your sushi orders. They are also great value, and the food is pretty good.

Dale

by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread