Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR West Kansai Pass & Kansai Thru Pass 2016/10/25 10:57
I will be visiting Kyoto (Nov 20-23) and Tokyo (Nov 24-27). I initially plan to just reload my ICOCA and use it for most of my planned trips. I'll be staying at Shijo area during the Kyoto leg of my Japan trip. My Kyoto itinerary looks like this:

Nov 20 to 22
Northern Kyoto (20th)
Western Kyoto (21st)
Southern and Southwestern Kyoto (23rd)

Nov 23 - Himeji and Osaka then back to Shijo

Questions:
1) Is it better to purchase a Kansai Thru Pass for 3 days instead of using my ICOCA to visit the Kyoto sites?
2) If I purchase the JR West 1-Day Pass for Kansai for the Himeji-Osaka-Kyoto trip, will the pass only cover the JR train rides? I'll have to use my ICOCA or pay extra for the train rides using the Kyoto Subway?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
by 3ggi3pot  

Re: JR West Kansai Pass & Kansai Thru Pass 2016/10/25 18:12
1) just use IC cards. Shijo to Arashiyama for example wont warrant 1733 (1day) of a 3 day pass.

2) JR passes are for JR services only. IF you wanna use non JR services, you'll normally need to pay separately. There are exceptions which you can find on this website or the JR West website.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Kansai Pass & Kansai Thru Pass 2016/11/1 10:26
Thank you hakata14 for your response! :)
by 3ggi3pot rate this post as useful

reply to this thread