Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/10/25 16:20
So I'm staying at a place in the keisei Line. I plan to use pasmo, but I also plan to buy the subway pass for getting around the city. But here's what got me confused.

Let's say this is my route,

Asakusa station to Keisei takasago Station, the trip was divided into these,

Asakusa station to oshiage Station, remain on board
Oshiage Station to keisei takasago station

If I use the subway pass to board the train from asakusa station, it only covers the ride until oshiage, right? Does that mean that I have to get out of the train and station, and enter again using pasmo? What will happen if I stayed on board, and got out from the keisei takasago station using subway pass? I'm quite confuse with this, going in and out from the keisei takasago station. If it happens the other way around, from keisei takasago to asakusa, I have to enter with pasmo, but if I want to use the subway pass, I have to get out and get in again in oshiage using the pass, right? Because if I continue the whole ride by staying on board, my pasmo will be charged the whole cost of takasago - asakusa.

Hope that my question is clear enough. Thank you

-kania-
by kaniadj  

Re: Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/10/26 07:40
Subway passes are difficult to use in a way that saves you money. Normally you are better off with the ease of an IC card (PASMO or SUICA) so you don't have to worry about it. Also, the subway pass is not usable on the JR lines or other private rail.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/10/26 14:06
To answer the question, no, you don't have to exit at Oshiage. When you exit at Keisei-Takasago, just show your pass at the manned gate and pay the fare from Oshiage (you may have to pay it in cash, however).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/11/7 11:19
@japancustomtour yeah, after I count all the possible expenses from my whole stay, it seems an IC card is more suitable and cheaper. Thank you for the suggestion.

@firas, so it's just like fare adjustment right? But after a more detaIL count on the expenses, I find it cheaper just by using an IC card. It'll be a lot easier to just use the card also. Thank you for your answer :)
by kaniadj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/11/7 12:08
I am Japanese from Hiroshima, and I had the same experience in Tokyo.

From Asakusa to Keisei-Taksago via Oshisage:
You can remanin on board, show the subway ticket at the manned gate at Keisei-Takasago, and pay for Keisei-line in cash (as aother man asanwered)

From Keisei-Takasago to Aasakusa via Oshiage:
You need to go out with IC card and go in with one-day pass at Oshiage, IF you use the subway one-day pass. (I was told to pay, even though I showed the one-day-pass)

Even if subway one-day pass is cheaper, I would NOT ressomend you to use, because the number of ticket gate for such tickets and normal tickets from machine are limited, most gates are for IC cards.
So it is always aobstracted by people come from both side, I mean, those who go to the platform and those who exit from the platform.
Especially Oshiage station is super busy with rural tourists like us (lol)
by Tsurukame (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Line and subway combination confusion 2016/11/21 10:34
@Tsurukame yes I have decided to use IC card as it would be easier and actually cheaper when I count every trip one by one. Thank you for your reply :)
by kaniadj (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread